Under Counter / Freestanding Ice MakersUnder Counter Ice Makers can be installed under the counter without building the unit into the cabinets. Installing an ice maker under your counter is a lot like installing a built-in unit, with the exception that an under-counter ice machine does not have to be built-in to your kitchen cabinetry. This is also known as a freestanding unit. This allows you to easily install and uninstall your ice maker, enabling you to move it from location to location.
Under Counter Ice Maker Advantages
- Easy relocation - Under counter ice makers do not require built-in installation. This means that if you decide to relocate, uninstalling your under-counter ice machine is easy and less hassle than if it was built-in to the cabinets.
- Easy installation - An under-counter ice making unit does not require the integration into kitchen cabinets, making installation as easy as simply sliding the unit beneath the desired counter area and plugging it in.
- Easy maintenance - Under-counter ice makers can be moved out from under the counter to get to hard-to-reach wires and hose hookups. If something needs replacing on your under-counter ice machine, it is not hard to find and replace the parts.
Built-In Ice MakersBuilt-In Ice Makers must be built in to the cabinets under the counter. They integrate nicely with the kitchen cabinetry, and can even be modified to look like existing cabinets.
Built-In Ice Maker Advantages
- Integrates into cabinets - A home with an integrated, built-in ice maker will go up in value with the added luxury of this kitchen appliance. A built-in ice maker is an attractive addition to any kitchen because it can blend in with the same overlay as the cabinets that surround it, making it inconspicuous and functional.
- Conserves space - A built-in ice maker will not take up much space since it is built in to the cabinets. The subtle design of a built-in ice maker will leave room for other kitchen appliances, as well as extra space for maneuvering around the kitchen area.
Back To Top