Turkey Marinade Injection Recipe
Whether you plan on smoking, frying, or oven-roasting your turkey, this easy marinade is a great way to add delicious flavor, and keep your turkey moist during the cooking process.
PREP 15 min REST 2-8 hours READY IN 2-8 hours
- Whole turkey, 12-16 lbs.
- 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter (melted, cooled)
- Zest of an orange
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dry rubbed sage
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Combine all herbs, spices and orange zest (dry goods) into a coffee grinder and blend until they reach a powder consistency.
- In a separate container, blend your butter and liquid ingredients together, then incorporate powdered herbs into the mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Place needle of food injector syringe into the mixture and slowly pull back on the plunger, careful not to get air into your mixture.
- Start by injecting around the center of the breast, and slowly push down on the plunger to release 1 1/2 - 2 ounces of marinade into each breast, thigh, leg and wing.
- Cover turkey and place in refrigerator for 2-8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 45 minutes before you're ready to cook and cover generously with olive oil and poultry seasoning.
- How to Fry a Turkey in a Deep Fryer
- How to Smoke a Turkey in a Kamado Grill
- How to Roast a Turkey in the Oven
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Shop All Departments
Outdoor Entertaining & Decor
Heating & Cooling
Kitchen & Cutlery
Clothing & Apparel
- BBQ Grills & Smokers
- Outdoor Kitchens
- Patio Furniture
- Outdoor Heating
- Trade Program
- Sales & Offers