Turkey Marinade Injection Recipe
By Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.
Whether you plan on smoking, frying, or oven-roasting your turkey, this easy marinade is a great way to add delicious flavor, and keep your turkey moist during the cooking process. See below the marinade directions to find out how to cook your bird once it's marinated.
PREP 15 min REST 2-8 hours
- Whole turkey, 12-16 lbs.
- 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter (melted, cooled)
- Zest of an orange
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dry rubbed sage
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 Tbsp rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Combine all herbs, spices and orange zest (dry goods) into a coffee grinder and blend until they reach a powder consistency.
- In a separate container, blend your butter and liquid ingredients together, then incorporate powdered herbs into the mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Place needle of food injector syringe into the mixture and slowly pull back on the plunger, careful not to get air into your mixture.
- Start by injecting around the center of the breast, and slowly push down on the plunger to release 1 1/2 - 2 ounces of marinade into each breast, thigh, leg and wing.
- Cover turkey and place in refrigerator for 2-8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 45 minutes before you're ready to cook and cover generously with olive oil and poultry seasoning.
- How to Fry a Turkey in a Deep Fryer
- How to Smoke a Turkey in a Kamado Grill
- How to Roast a Turkey in the Oven
Read more articles by Chef Tony Matassa, ShoppersChoice.com, LLC.